Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

I love Christmas and must admit December 26 is sad day for me. The whole spirit of Christmas is easy to feel all through December but once Christmas day ends, the mood seems to shift back instantly. Nonetheless, it was another good year of time with family over the extended Christmas weekend.

Erin and I made our favorite Christmas cookies, which didn't last very long even though they were very pretty.
We spent Friday through Sunday with my parents in Canton. The weekend was filled with our standard activities - making more cookies, Coney Island, theatre, great dinners, presents, stockings, and Church.

On Monday we split our time between the Sopers and the Veldhofs. We had the second year of Christmas Fondue at the Veldhofs and then played Apples 2 Apples.

Christmas Day was the Elenbaas party at Paula and Steve's. We had a fun gift exchange.The Elenbaas band was as loud as ever this year playing Christmas Carols. I "accidentally" forgot my bass so I was in the choir, which was still outnumbered by instruments. Molly directed...and did hand stands on the stairs.

The standard comment this year was "next year will be much different." Indeed, both the Soper and Elenbaas sides will have 2 infants running/crawling around next Christmas.

Wow, I ate a lot of good food in 4 days. I'm going to have to run twice as far next year to burn it all off!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of running... I just wanted to congratulate you on winning the cherished "Robby" award for running so friggin' far this year.

Congrats!

http://www.xanga.com/private/editorx.aspx

-rob

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home