Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Derek's Bachelor Party


I had the privilege of planning my brother's bachelor party in late July.  All the guys in the group were athletic and in their 20's and early 30's so I decided to organize a multi-sport round robin tournament.  The sports were ultimate frisbee, basketball, big-ball baseball (mix of kick ball and softball using a flat basketball, game Derek and I made up as kids), and yard games (ladder ball, bean bags, jarts).   
 

We played 6 rounds of sports and at the end the top 9 made the playoffs.  For the playoffs we had several games of "razor blades" (brutal Frisbee game) to narrow the field to 4.  Those four played the washer toss game to narrow the field to a final 2 - David and Josh.  The final competition was to make a basket with a football from full court.

Josh was the grand champion.  He won all 6 of his regular season games and swept through the playoffs, finishing the day undefeated and untied.  Nice work, Josh.
We grilled burgers and then camped after the games.  James came up with a very creative spatula since I forgot my grilling tools.
  
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Slicy said...

I think I'm most impressed by the ingenuity of that spatula.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Mme MaKhotso said...

Looks like you have had a busy summer. Very creative games and with the creative spatula, I think you'd do fine in Lesotho :)

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home