Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Do your research

I usually try to hit at least 1 landmark whenever I do a 10 mile run in a major city. While in Phoenix I decided to run to Camelback Mountain and then to the top for a good city view. Two locals mentioned "Camelback" was just 2 miles north of my hotel, and then east. Perfect, so I started running and came to Camelback road 2 miles later. As I turned east I thought to myself, that "mountain" looks pretty far away. Nearly 5 miles later I was still several miles away and had to ditch my efforts if I wanted to make it back to the hotel. In summary:

1. Do your research before starting a long run, that's what the internet is for, and
2. Mountains are further than they appear
This is as close as I got:

Later in the week I watched as Suns game in US Airways Arena
and then hooked up with an old friend that I worked with about 5 years ago. He's now a manager at Dan Majerle's Sports Bar in downtown Phoenix.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have climbed Camelback it is a fun one difficult also.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home