Saturday, November 25, 2006

Farewell to Murphy

This weekend my family had to say goodbye to our favorite furry little friend, Murphy. She had been a part of our family for 14 1/2 years, our family pictures weren't complete unless they included her.
The vet had told my parents that she was in kidney failure, and mostly blind and deaf, so she was scared to walk around. Wednesday night Randy and I, along with my sister Gwen, had dinner with my parents and got to spend some time with her. Most of the family (excluding Gwen and Rob) were at my parents for Thanksgiving so we had the day to hold her.
Murphy had a strong personality, she got her name from the show Murphy Brown, because she was opinionated like the character. When we picked out Murphy we got to bring all the puppies over to decide which one we wanted. Most of them would just stand or lay, but Murphy who they called Squirt (because she was the runt) would play and even let out a little bark at David. We then knew she was the one for us.
She also definitely had her favorites in our family. I know I wasn't on the top of the list, probably because when we got her I always wanted to hold, hug, and kiss her little head. She was very loyal to everyone in her family, I would prove it to my friends when I was younger by telling them to hit me. I would then say "Ow Murphy" and she would bark and act like she was about to attack (but she didn't =) ). Whenever we were upset about something or home sick laying on the couch she would stay right by our side. She just seemed to know when we needed a friend. We are all sad to lose her.

1 Comments:

Blogger iloveredheads said...

hey erin, i'm so sorry, i loved little murphy too, she was so sweet. i really enjoyed being able to go to your house sometimes and play with her when i missed my dog..thanks
-jenny

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home