Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cool Chemicals

We make about 20 different chemicals that get used for a variety of different things ranging from ink cartridge toner to the active ingredient in mouthwash. The other day I found out that one of our chemicals is pretty sweet. One of its uses is that it aids with regulating some process in diabetics. But that only comprises 25% of our sales of this particular chemical. The other 75% is an animal grade and gets fed to pigs. The reason is that it has been shown that female pigs who ingest this chemical have 1 more pig in their litters than if they don't take it. Crazy. Twins anyone?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Duby said...

that seems a little sad that only 25% goes to help people, while 75% goes to make someone more money.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Rand and Erin said...

We'd love to sell more as human grade (sells at a higher price) but the demand isn't there. Don't you understand how business works? 100% goes towards making someone more money, whether its in vitamins or in pig food.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous duby said...

yeah, I live in a world that tends to be more fantasy than reality most times

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home