Monday, October 08, 2007

Screwed

On Saturday Erin and I drove to Saugatuck to go hiking in the state park and then have dinner along the water. It was a hot afternoon and eating outside sounded great.
As we were getting onto the highway I noticed a screw driver laying in the middle of the on ramp. I thought it was odd and casually swerved to miss it. But, as I passed it I saw another screw driver directly in front of me. Uh-oh! ThumpThump was what we heard as I rolled over it. The thumps were pretty loud and I nervously looked in my mirror to see if I had punctured the gas tank or some other line but didn't see any fluids leaking from the Honda. It was driving fine so I must not have blown a tire either.
I breathed a sigh of relief and we drove the 40 miles to Saugatuck State Park. When we arrived Erin went to the bathroom and then met me back at the car. As she approached the car she let out a shriek of horror at this sight:
Amazingly, the screw driver lodged itself safely in a small plastic tap right in front of the tire. AMAZING!
We enjoyed our hike and had a nice dinner along the boardwalk in Saugutuck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darren said...

Wow, the odds of that happening are quite slim. That's crazy!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home