Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Vagabond No More

Our family of 3 has been without a home since May 19. The first 3 months of house shopping in Zeeland were frustrating and fruitless. We made low offers on 5 different homes, but weren't excited about any of them. We only made offers because we knew it would be a good investment if we got it for the right price.

Finally in late July we saw a house that seemed perfect. It was our #1 neighborhood choice, a ridiculously good price, and a layout we loved. The only problem...it was repossessed and buying from a bank is notoriously bad.

After more than a month of delays and a lot of angry phone calls we finally closed yesterday and are no longer homeless!!

But...we can't exactly move in. The previous owners took EVERYTHING, hence the ridiculously good price. We need new utilities - furnace, water heater, AC - the carpet needs replacement,

and oh yeah, the kitchen is missing a few things.

I always said I wasn't the "fixer upper" type of guy, but I guess I am now. So no big adventures for us in the next 2 months. We'll be working hard. I look forward to posting the picture progression.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it! Can't wait for the first tour :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Slicy said...

Deep breath, we know the house is awesome... it just needs some love. Unfortunately, "love" in the housing world may just be lots and lots of cash, but I guess that is "tough love." I can't wait to hang out on the "beach!"

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home