Thursday, January 05, 2012

2011 Results and 2012 Goals

Annual review time.
2011 Results
  1. Lift weights consistently - I don't consider chronic cardio to be healthy anymore but do consider weight training healthy. To be successful, I need to do at least one weight lifting workout during 50 of the 52 calendar weeks this year. SUCCESS! I lifted exactly 1 time a week for 50 of the 52 weeks. My lifting sessions were short and sweet but I definitely gained/maintained strength while remaining injury free and didn't have to invest much time.
  2. Complete a long run barefoot - By long run I mean 10+ miles. Right now I'm planning on the riverbank. If my feet can't handle that distance my back-up goal will be doing a long run with my five-finger Vibrams. SUCCESS! I completed the riverbank in my five-finger Vibrams. I did very light training and the Vibrams definitely were harder, but it was a good experience. I also did a 5k completely barefoot, with a reasonable time of about 29:00.
  3. Maintain sanity with 3 kids under 3. SUCCESS! Wow, what a tough year. The 3 kids have been far more work than I could have imagined. William in particular pushed us to our limits but thankfully we always held it together.
2012 Goals: OK, 2011 was a weak year in terms of goals. I am challenging myself this year.
  1. Lift weights consistently - repeat of last year because this goal was very good for me. This year I want to pick up the intensity somewhat, but I won't quantify it.
  2. Floss at least once a week all year.
  3. Weigh less than 190 lbs by 2/20/12 (currently 198). It is always hard to lose weight, but I've achieved 190 several times in the last few years.
  4. Weigh less than 180 lbs by 5/12/12. This will be very tough. I haven't been this low since 5th grade.
  5. Give up pop for the entire year - this may be the hardest goal. I love diet pop and drink it often. For clarification, by "pop" I mean non-alcoholic carbonated beverages.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home